Saturday, April 18, 2009

February

The only two big events that I missed blogging about in February...besides finding out we were pregnant...was our trip to Long Beach, California and Hunter's 14th Birthday.
.
We travelled to Long Beach for our annual Chick fil A Seminar...all expenses paid by corporate! :) It is a really neat experience. Every year it is a different location, and for a week they have different speakers and events planned for all of the owner/operators in the US. This year I got to meet Kirk Cameron (he was one of the guests....soooo petite in person!!) and Dave Ramsey. I have never heard him speak before...I thought it was going to be boring since it was about money and saving, but he is absolutely hilarious!! I really enjoyed him. The bad thing was on both occasions that I met them I didn't have my camera. It is a pretty big/heavy thing to lug around when you are 6wks pregnant and feeling like crap!
.
This was the only picture Jamie and I took together the whole trip. We were heading in to hear a symphony that Chick set up just for our group! It was so neat!!
We also got to rent a car and drive around Hollywood, LA, and even drove down Rodeo Drive. We stopped and ate at the famous Pinks Hot Dogs. I didn't eat much of mine since hot dogs don't really sound good when you are pregnant...but from what I tasted it was good. And boy was there a long line!!
I can't believe Hunter is now 14!! It blows my mind that I have a step son that will be starting High School shortly! He sure is growing and taking after his Dad. He is 5'10 or taller now, wearing a 34x34 pant and a wait for it...a mens size 12 shoe! Holey Moley! Makes it kinda hard to repremand him when he is so much bigger than you at only 14!
.
He celebrated his birthday out at the ranch with a slumber party with a few of his friends, and then the Harris families coming out the next day for activities, cookout, and cake.

Ava LOVES riding on the 4-wheelers when we are out there! LOVES it!!

Our family pic after a very long day!


1 comment:

Chris said...

Happy Birthday Hunter!!!!