Sunday, April 19, 2009

Happy (Late) Easter

The little bit of Easter we did get to experience was wonderful. The Thursday prior to Easter we had a minor pregnancy scare and I was put on restricted activity. It was nothing that effected the babies, but is was still scary. So on Friday we attended our church's Easter Egg Hunt. It was so much fun to be around great friends and enjoy a picnic lunch before the hunt.
.
Ava didn't eat much...I think she was too excited! :)
Picture time before the big event. Ava gave me a great big kiss knowing she was about to get a ton of candy from us.


Hunting up the eggs. Ava knew exactly what to do.



This picture cracks me up. She makes this face or sticks out her tongue every time the wind blows! Hehe!
Here's a better one.
Checking out the goods.
All she wanted to do was throw back out the eggs and pick them back up again.
Helping Gavin check out his loot...of course she was helping him unload his basket.
Playing with Gavin
Daddy blowing bubbles that was found in one of her eggs.

The fam. You can kinda see the belly poppin out.

Damon, Tara and Gavin. Gavin was giving me his best flirty eyes. :)
After the egg hunt, we headed to Dallas to spend Easter with my side of the family. When we got to my sisters house, we took the girls on a wagon ride. They loved it! Maddy is getting so big...it makes me sad to be so far away from her! Now that Maddy is getting older and more active, they are really starting to have fun playing with eachother.
.

Maddy, Ava and little Mikey getting ready for the ride!
Go faster Aunt Dee Dee this is fun!
After dinner they took a bath together. They had a blast!
Check out those do's!!
I think Ava is teaching Maddy how to be a little crazy!!



Unfortunately early Saturday morning I had another scare, and we ended up having to pack right back up so that we could see the doctor the next day. I was crushed. I really was looking forward to Ava getting to spend her first 'real/big girl' Easter with family. Since we had to go in on Sunday morning, we had to miss church. Ava's Easter outfit had to be shelved until next Sunday. :( The on-call doctor was able to find the source of the problem, which did not effect the babies one bit, and was just prescribed more restricted activity. I haven't had any more scares, and am looking forward to what the doctor says at my next appointment.
.
Well, we will just look forward to next years Easter. It is crazy to think that we will have a whole brood of little bunnies hunting next year. AAHHH!

1 comment:

Chris said...

These scares are... well...SCARY! Get lots of rest!