Monday, December 8, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

WOW!! I can't believe I have gone THIS long without blogging! Bad bad bad!





I hosted Thanksgiving for Jamie's side of the family this year (around 20ppl), and I think the weeks leading up to preparing for Thanksgiving got me a little stressed and the blog got neglected.




It was a successful Turkey Day. I made my first ever turkey, and no one ended up sick. :)I would definitely want to host it again. We painted a football field on our front yard (the guys were in heaven), had a cornhole tournament, and hooked three wagons to the back of our lawn mower for rides around the neighborhood for the kids. It was a blast! Oh, and Jamie's little sister announced that she was engaged...to someone we have never met, nor knew existed before Thanksgiving, so that was interesting. ;)




Riding on the "Turkey Express"

My FAVORITE thing about the holidays....all of the desserts!!!!

Ava has also had another bout of RSV/Bronchiolitis this winter. She had it last winter when the weather changed, so I already had the breathing machine and medicine. It lasted about a week along with fever for a week, and if she even smelled or tried to eat food she would vomit because the drainage was so thick. Poor baby. It turned into an ear infection, and she had to take her first antibiotics. She is better now, but the breathing machine is still handy.

Hunter had another spot of staph come up again...this time on his arm. NOT FUN! We think he keeps getting it from school. Although football season is over, he still has athletics. They are lifting weights, and have to change into school provided work out clothes. Hunter has special permission to take his home every day and wash them, but every other teenage boy has to lift weights in clothes that only get washed once a week. YUCK!! So needless to say staph is brewing all around him, and he is very susceptible to it. More meds (for the whole family), more doctors visits, and more strict cleaning. :(

Ava is getting SO big. I can see her changing before my eyes every day. She can sign eat, drink, baby, more, ball, all done, and milk off the top of my head. She is obsessed with birds, and LOVES to watch My Friends Tigger and Pooh on the Disney Channel. She still loves giving hugs and kisses, and has finally starting giving kisses with her mouth closed. Woo Hoo!

We have really been enjoying the cooler weather. We have been reading outside in the hammock wrapped up in a blanket, wagon rides around the neighborhood, dinner and Smores out at the Hyatt Lost Pines, and Christmas Light shows around town.

I finally finished putting up the Christmas decorations that were strewn all around the house. I actually have most of the presents wrapped and under the tree which is pretty amazing even to me. I have a few more things to buy, but mostly gift cards. I am beyond excited for Ava to open gifts and participate in Christmas this year! It is going to be so much fun!



Such a cutie in Winter clothes!

Ava LOVES books. She prefers "reading" a book over playing with toys....
especially reading in the hammock!

"Go faster Mama!"

Getting ready to go eat some Smores...mmmmmm
Our Christmas tree with a few of the gifts underneath.


"The stockings are hung by the chimney with care..."
Ava is obsessed with the dancing Santa! As soon as it comes on she starts dancing too!
Ava has her own Christmas tree...complete with pink bird! She has to see it every day.


Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season!
We hope to see you all soon!


7 comments:

Karen said...

Your house looks like fun. I need to introduce Miss Blakely to Ava when she finally arrives. Ava is going to be the cool kid that all the kids want to hang out with, over at her house. :)

Brittany said...

I was wondering where you went for so long! Glad to know everything is going well and your Thanksgiving was a hit!

Chris said...

Yay! A new post!! She sure is getting big! I still need to decorate. I'm way behind. Poor Hunter! I hope he's doing better!

Tara said...

My question is, how do you get Ava to not pull the tree branches/pluck off the ornaments?! Maybe she is understanding "don't touch" better these days?? Adaya still does the laughing thing!!! Although we only have a tiny tree anyway (set out of reach on the piano!) I know Adaya would be wreaking havoc in your beautifully decorated home! Merry Christmas to y'all.

Allen Family Five said...

Hey lady!! WENDY HAD A GIRL!! HAILEY BROOKE. For my parents chistmas I'm coping all my parents home videos to DVD(family videos) and the last two days have been all cheerleading. We were sooo little. You ae in all the videos since we stood by eachother and I keep saying outload "awwww Lauren".....can't believe we have babies!!! Love ya!

Mommy to 2! said...

Hey Lauren! Xander finally has a blog! Here is the link! Ava is tooo cute! We can't wait to see you guys again so the kiddos can play! http://xanderleerobertson.blogspot.com/

Mommy to 2! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.