Monday, July 28, 2008

9 Month Doctor Visit

Ava went to see Dr. Day today. I just love her! She plays with Ava starting the moment she walks in the door, and explains to Ava each thing she does. Dr. Day also takes the time to talk with us, and doesn't make us feel rushed, or like we are just another number. We are SO lucky to have found her.
.
Ava weighed in at a whopping 22 pounds and 29 inches long. She is in the 90th percentile for both!
.
She also had to have her finger pricked to check for anemia. I had to hold her in my lap, and basically strap down every limb of hers with my arms. I braced myself for the worst, but Ava didn't even flinch when they pricked her finger, and sat there patiently as the lady filled the small vile with her blood. I couldn't believe it!!! She was SO brave!
.
In just three short months we will be back for her ONE YEAR visit. My heart is already breaking. ;)

2 comments:

Mrs. H. said...

Hi Lauren,
I'm so glad Ava has such a wonderful doctor! How was your visit to Carrol and Pam's? Doesn't their house look great? :-)

The Hydes said...

This is great and all, but...what's up with the no picture posts? *tapping foot* ;) You know I'm playing with you girl! Hope y'all get to come play tomorrow!