Sunday, July 20, 2008

Viva Las Vegas!

This past Wed.-Sat. the Harris family conquered Las Vegas. We went to watch my little brother Chase marry his long time girlfriend Nicole. It was a beautiful wedding and around 40 attended. Wow. I am so happy to have a 5th sister in law...8 sisters total!!




Here we are at the airport getting ready to head to Vegas! Ava and I decided to bring a little Texas with us by wearing out cowgirl hats. ;)



Our first night there, I took Hunter to see Stomp while Jamie stayed with the baby.



Hunter and I had a blast! It was a really cool, family friendly show. Although with my braces, I am sure everyone thought Hunter and I were dating. Hahaha. (Side note: Hunter is getting SO tall..around 5'9" and wearing a men's 11.5 shoe!!)



The next day we did a little shopping at Caesars Palace.







Hunters souvenir...a singing/flashing Vegas sign! haha

Ava got her first ever baby doll from FAO Schwartz.



Our second night we went to see the Cirque du Soleil show KA. It was good, but I think O is much better. There is just something about seeing dare devils, acrobats and body contortionists I just love.


All ready for Uncle Doodie's wedding. Ava and I decided to match. (Cheezy I know!)



Outside the Vegas wedding chapel.
Hunter looked SO handsome in his suit and pink tie. He is becoming such a young man! (tear)
Waiting for the show to start.

Look at those two cuties!!



Still waiting for the wedding to start. It was scheduled to start at 8pm~that is 10pm in Texas, but didn't actually start until 8:30. Baby girl was up WAY past her usual bedtime of 7:30. Girlie didn't get to bed until midnight!! Of course since she is always wants to be a part of everything, she wasn't fussy at all!




My new sis and Ava's new Aunt Nikki. SOOO beautiful!!

My handsome brother Chase. I still can't believe he is married and a husband!!

My two handsome boys!


In the cab on the way home. Of course we had to have the cab driver take us through In n Out Burger on our way home.

We had such a good time in Vegas. Hunter was sad to be back to dull old Bastrop. Yikes.

CONGRATS TO CHASE AND NICOLE!! It was a privilege to be part of your big day!!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I LOVE yalls matching dresses!! I cant wait to do that, how fun!

Mrs. H. said...

Wow - Lauren those were all such wonderful pictures! What a great time y'all had! I loved reading about all you did. Ava looked precious and Hunter looked like he's grown an inch or two since we saw him last month! :-) And so handsome in his pink tie! Congratulations to your brother and his new wife.

The Hydes said...

So many cute pictures to comment on--first you look AMAZING! Y'alls matching hats and outfits were so cute, but seriously, like mother like daughter. :) It seems like she's going to be as much fun as her Momma and Daddy. I was cracking up at the picturs of you and Hunter and the text you put because it's so true. That's probably what people were thinking, but that was nice that you took him! It looks like you had a blast. We are glad you're back!

The Hydes said...

Oops. Typing too quickly--picturEs. Did I miss anything else? ;)

Jackie said...

Adorable! It looks like you had a nice time in my hometown. I love me some In-N-Out burger!!! :)