Saturday, July 26, 2008

Ava is 9 MONTHS OLD

Our little girl is growing fast~already 9 months old (on July 20th)! She is a little firecracker...never wants to miss a thing, and getting in to everything. She is a fast little crawler, and can be across the house in the blink of an eye. We are constantly chasing after her! She has the whole standing alone thing down, and is working on walking. She LOVES to push her little walker around. She gets a huge smile on her face when pushing it, and giggles as when she looks at you when she passes you. She is so proud of herself. Too cute!
.
She can take a few steps on her own, but then lunges towards you when she gets close. I am so anxious for her to reach the milestone of walking, but I know once she does I will be dreaming of the days when she could only crawl. She waved for the first time a couple of days ago at my sister in laws mother. Of course I was not in the room, and would not do it again for quite a while. Isn't that just how it always is? The first time she took a few steps on her own, only Jamie and Hunter witnessed it, and of course would not do it again for me.
.
She can say several works- DaDa, BuBa, NaNa come to mind. When you ask her where DaDa is she looks around the room until she finds him. So she is actually understanding what the words mean. I am still waiting for her to say MaMa. Grrr.
.
She has two bottom teeth, and is dragging out getting the top two teeth. I can feel them coming down, she is constantly fussing, drooling, and low grade fevers, but those darn teeth refuse to break through. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.
.
We have been travelling non stop, so I will be taking her in for her 9 month pictures this week. I know you just can't wait to see more pictures. LOL.
Hope everyone is enjoying the summer! Love to all!!

4 comments:

Chris said...

Wow, NINE months! Where does the time go? She sure is catching on to milestones well. Smart girl! I can't wait to see her again!

Mrs. H. said...

Hi Lauren,
We enjoyed the update on Ava! :-)

The Hydes said...

I can't believe how big she's getting. (Well, that's what's supposed to happen, right? But still...) We can't wait for y'all to come over and play! I need to make that cake. ;)

*pounding on table*
WE WANT PICTURES!
WE WANT PICTURES!

Please? :)

Tara said...

"mama" ain't gettin' no love here either, girl...Adaya only says "da da!" isn't that funny?!? they are growing too fast!