Wednesday, October 22, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AVA!!!

Ava had a wonderful first birthday party this past Saturday. The weather was beautiful, and lots of friends and family came to celebrate. It was crazy getting ready for the big day...I had lots of family coming in that day to spend the night, and Hunter had to be admitted into the hosptial that morning unexpectedly, so Jamie was not there to help me get ready...which means I had to run all of his errands that morning and was not there when all of my family was arriving. Luckily they were there to help me get everything in place before the party started. I don't know what I would have done if they weren't there to help. I did run out of time, and had to just throw my hair up. :( I guess I am glad I atleast got to put on some makeup, and Jamie was able to show up for the party for a little bit before he had to head back to the hospital.
.
.
.
Ava had a candy themed party. I set up a candy bar for all of the adults and older kids to enjoy, and a mini baby bar with dried fruit and yogurt drops for the wee ones...in lou of goodie bags. We had a gumball guessing game and the winner got to take home a Candyland game. It turned out really great.


I made a large birthday cake and her mini cake and used colorful twizzlers as decoration.

We put tables on the front porch so that everyone could eat and watch their kids play at the same time.

Lollipops around the sidewalk leading up to our house. Banks was actually licking them! I mean he had to make sure! ;)

Lots of fun toys to play with!

Getting ready to open gifts.

Ava was so blessed and got so many wonderful things from her family and friends. Thank you all SO much!!


Mommy and Daddy got her a new red convertible!
She LOVES it!! Good thing her tutu fit!

Cooper shows us how she says CHEESE! Love those teeth!!
Banks had the MOST fun! All of the grandmothers at the party kept on giving in to him and letting him have more candy, even though momma said no. hehe. I think he really enjoy the candy party the most!!
Grandma Candy and Grandpa Jimmy
Maddy. She is getting to be quite the chunk!
Gavin enjoying some lunch and cake.
Grandmomma (my grandmother) trying on Shelby's (14 yr old cousin) glasses. HAHAHA

Poppi (my stepdad Rick) and Maddy (my sis Diana's baby)

Getting ready to sing Happy Birthday
She LOVED everyone singing to her and all the attention!
She didn't know what to do when we gave her the cake. She kept looking at us like she knew she shouldn't be doing it. ;)
We had to put some icing in her mouth to entice her. I think she likes it!
She didn't like using her hands, so she just bit right into the cake. It was like she was in a pie eating contest and couldn't use her hands. It was too funny!




We had a great day! THANK YOU to everyone who made the three hour drive to come down and share in this special day!! It was so wonderful to have you all there!! I can't believe my little baby is ONE. She is growing so fast!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY PRECIOUS AVA JANE!



2 comments:

Mrs. H. said...

Lauren - wow!!! What a wonderful, "sweet" party! You did an amazing job - I loved everything. The cakes were precious and I am amazed at all the great pictures. That is hard to do with so much going on. The pictures of Ava with her cake were so cute! And I enjoyed seeing all the pictures of your family and friends. I wish so much we could have been there!!! Good job Harris Mama! :-)

Tara said...

Look at her in that tutu! So cute! I can't believe your baby is ONE, either...and that mine's not far behind!