Saturday, September 19, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Yesterday it finally happened...two weeks to the day after their birth, we were released from the hospital and NICU. WOOOOO HOOOOO!!! They still have to take vitamins, iron, and have NEOSURE added to their bottles every day. Upon release Ella weighed 4lbs15oz and Owen weighed 4lbs14oz-both have surpassed their birth weights. Looking good. They have also both been downing 60cc's almost every feeding which is 2oz's-way to go my little preemies!!! They are going to be chubby little monkeys in no time at all!!
.
Our first night home was not too bad. Jamie and I switched off every other feeding so we both got some sleep! :) I think this schedule will work for us for a while...until I decide whether or not I am going to switch to exclusive breastfeeding or not. I am still pumping and they are getting 100% breastmilk, I just may stick to the bottle feeding during the nights to get some sleep...if Jamie will agree to keep doing that!
.
Today is the first day that Owen and been sleeping better and longer than Ella. I think Ella has had some troubles with gas today. Momma has been having to give her some extra lovin' and holdin' time which she hasn't objected to one bit!! I have been enjoying getting to know everything about them-having missed out on all of the little things for two whole weeks. Now that they are home it is hard to remember that they are actually two weeks old and not just born and home from the hospital...especially since they are SO small.
.
I can finally breathe now that they are home, and not have to worry about getting dressed and everyone ready and out the door to get to the hospital by a certain time each day. I think Ava will also enjoy getting back to a regular routine and not being watched my someone different each day. I know my toughest days are ahead of me, but I am really looking forward to the future and my three little babies at home. Three kids under two...here comes the fun!!
.
Daddy feeding Owen his last bottle in the NICU!!
Freeing Owen from all of his wires!! Happiest moment for me. You can tell the twins don't wake easily when there is commotion around them. They are used to all of the movement from eachother! :) Ella is still completely passed out!
Mommy holding both of her babies for the first time without being hooked up to any monitors. So strange...
Owen in his carseat ready to roll.
Finally ready to head home.
Daddy carrying the babies out into the world for the first time.

Yippee!! Out of the hospital
In the car! We are going to have to reconfigure where all the carseats go. With one of the twins behind the drivers seat, Jamie can't get the seat back far enough to drive comfortably. :( How do we have a Suburban and feel like we don't have enough room. Oh ya, bc we have 3 carseats and one 6ft+ teenage boy. WOW!!
Home at last.
Hehe....love them!
Ava hadn't fallen asleep yet, so Jamie went and got her out of her crib to see the babies. She was SO SO SO excited to see them. She couldn't wipe the smile off of her face with just made my heart explode with sheer joy!
She kept going back and forth between both carseats just checking them out, rocking them, petting them, hugging and kissing them, and just beaming!!


Ava calls them Ooooooh and Lella...too too cute!!
This is where I find her most of the time...reaching over into their pack n play and trying to touch them-she can actually touch them- I just try and stop her before she does. Usually she doesn't listen. She also tries to put toys and books in with them...this is going to become a problem if she doesn't start listening to Momma and Daddy. :)
They already feel right at home!!


7 comments:

Alana said...

Yea! I was hoping this would be your next blog! :) I bet it feels great to have them home!

Anonymous said...

They are SO stinking cute!!! I love this post, what a special day. I will be visiting BRittany in about 2 weeks, we would love to come for a quick visit to see you guys! Ill text you to see if its ok :)

Chris said...

Cuteness overload Lauren! I'm so glad they are doing so well at home. And they do look so happy to be in their own bed and surrounded by their whole family. :)

Tara said...

You look amazing, girl...one would never know you have three little ones under the age of two to take care of! Praise God for bringing your babies safely home!

Marc and Laura Rose said...

Lauren, Congratulations! They are both so beautiful, and I'm sure you are so happy and thankful to have your babies at home. We'll be thinking of you and praying for you during this next crazy and exciting phase :)

Jen said...

Lauren,
I am so happy that the twins are home safely. I know the feeling (not quite like you I'm sure) of being so happy to have your baby(ies) home and not hooked up to anything!!! Enjoy every moment of those cuties!

Jenna @ Sharing My Jennarocity said...

Even though I was two when Brooke and Leslie were born, I still remember my parents bringing them home and as excited as I was, I was also SO JEALOUS! I grabbed my pappaw's hand and drug him into my room and closed the door and said, "No babies in here!" I bet she ends up being an outgoing, loud, funny girl because of having those twins around. I always have a soft spot for big sisters of twins!