Thursday, May 8, 2008

AHHH!!

Okay, so yesterday I hear Jamie yelling at me frantically from the other room to hurry up and come in there! I grab my camera thinking he spotted the elusive colorful bird in the backyard and wants me to take a picture. I wish that was the case.
Instead this is the face I see.

And then I notice a cup in the middle of the floor.
Underneath the cup is this...a SCORPION!! It is about 3 inches long! I knew that living out here in this community- large wooded lots -and most of the community will not ever be developed, so there will always be wildlife and (GULP) insects and snakes. I was willing to live with that. But I never thought they would invade the inside of our home. Especially SCORPIONS!!
AAAHHH!
Jamie was prepared, and had already ordered some blacklight flashlights. For those of you who don't know, scorpions glow when shined by a blacklight. Here is what they look like.
So, if you come to my house and find a flashlight as a new appendage, and see me constantly sweeping each room with it, that is why. I am not crazy.

On a side note: This blacklight also illuminates every spec of white lint that is on your carpet which shouts to you to PLEASE VACUUM! Urg! :)


1 comment:

Chris said...

FREAKY! That would have completely sent me over the edge. I hate scorpions. And I had no idea about scorpions in a blacklight. Or that there were blacklight flashlights. On my to-do list today... crawl out from under my rock! ha ha