Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Bird Watching Update-hehe

My Aunt Jo emailed me and told me that the colorful bird I have been seeing in my backyard is most likely a male Painted Bunting. I looked it up, and that is exactly what it is! You can see how colorful it is, and why I thought it was someones escaped pet bird. I think I am going to name them Barney and Thelma Lou after The Andy Griffith Show. (Jamie loves that show-a childhood favorite. He is actually the one that suggested the names- against his will. He said he didn't want to participate in something so silly as naming birds. He is going to kill me when he reads this! LOL)




The female (girlfriend) is less colorful...just a greenish color. Leave it to a male to need to be flashy!!







1 comment:

Chris said...

Wow! I don't think I've ever seen a bird like that, but it sure is pretty!